Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Photo Shoot. Wisdom Teeth. Earth Day.

Today I was forced to get my wisdom teeth out. I say that because my dentist told me it was not a necessity and I didn't have to get them out for a few years, but my mom made me anyway. Something about not being on the family insurance after Friday...

Anyway. I woke up this morning and I just felt nauseous. Not "nervous butterflies", this was full blown "I may throw up on your face" nauseousness. It may have been because of my photo shoot the previous day.






We took a lot of pictures on this bacteria infected haystack. It has probably been there for years.
I wanted so badly to go play in the huge field with the haystack and it got me sick on wisdom tooth day... So worth it.

Getting my teeth out was weird. They were both fully impacted, so they had to break through a part of of my jaw. But of course, I don't remember a thing. All I remember is that the Novocaine was strong. This was not the aired down stuff they give you at the dentist. My whole body went a little numb and my legs felt cold. I couldn't think straight, and I tried to hold on to all the clarity I could. Then a nurse was leaning over me with the biggest metallic syringe I had ever seen. I remember thinking "you better wait 'til I'm out to stick that thing in me." A second later the beeping that was monitoring my heart started to change from a high pitch to a low one.

Everything was fuzzy and annoying. I did not like it one bit. I tried to breath through my mouth for a while because I was afraid of the feeling. I tried to remember everything, because I wanted to write about it later.

It reminded me of a book I am reading. In this girls world, everyone has an operation to make them look beautiful, but during that operation they put lesions on the brain to make everyone stupid and accepting of everything. I think they author must have had his wisdom teeth out before he wrote that.

Eventually I gave in the feeling and even forgot that I didn't like it. Then they put the IV in. It hurt at first and then felt really nice, like cool water on my arm. The I woke up; all drowsy and not as confused as I thought I should be. the hear monitor was the only thing a remember throughout the whole thing. It was there when I fell asleep and there when I woke up.

I asked my mom how I fell asleep and how the doctor got me in this nice comfy chair. Did he carry me? I was really concerned about that for some reason. I also asked her If the Novocaine had put me to sleep... I asked that multiple times. I didn't make the connection of the IV and falling asleep.

I asked more questions a couple of times, but everything was clearer then I expected. I wasn't very funny, and I could even walk pretty good. I guess my body is built to take that antithetic.

And that's pretty much the whole story. I'm still really numb and I haven't used any Loratab because it doesn't hurt. Yet.

All in all, it was pretty fun. I'd do it again. But I don't know why they needed such strong Novocaine.

And now I just have to worry about what I want to do for Earth day. I think its a great holiday. The earth is so cool. Maybe I'll go exploring. It's a beautiful day and a beautiful planet.

3 comments:

  1. ...But instead I fell asleep watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was to tired to care about the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of the hay & you jumping. Rad. Sorry about your dental experience.

    ReplyDelete