Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Was Raised on Disney

I love Disney. Always have, always will. Their stories seem deeper to me than what others see them for. Maybe I read into things that aren't there, but I feel that no one has put as much passion into their movies as Disney. I am, of course, talking about the animated classics.

Me and my friend Kimmie have made it a habit to re-visit our childhood through these movies every Monday. This week it was Tarzan.

It ended far too soon.

When I was a kid, I found that I could watch all of these movies over and over without getting sick of them. This same rule applies even years later. If I owned a copy, I would be watching it again, right this minute. They are Masterpieces.

I have also found that I am always sad when the two hours are up.

On the other hand, there are some (rare) Disney movies that I will never see. (Home on the Range... what the heck!?) They have, over the years, lost the passion. Thank goodness that Pixar still has theirs. And 'Up' comes out this week. defiantly gonna love it.

As for Disney? Let's hope this re-kindles something. I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment