Monday, December 14, 2009

Don't Expect any Pictures

My camera sucks. It records sound... but won't play it back. I has a little black dot in the lens that is always there and shows up in all my pictures... And if that wasn't bad enough... the other day... it made me want to commit suicide.

I was looking through the manual, trying to figure out how to get the sound to play back, and found out how to use the menu a little better... So I was looking around and saw a little button that said Format.

Then I started to think... "Hey, I have some pictures from other peoples camera that wont show up on my screen... Possibly because they are in the wrong Format.. maybe this will fix that"

Famous last words.

My ENTIRE memory card is wiped clean... That is what FORMAT does. It DOSEN'T format the pictures.. IT ERASES THEM!

AHHHHHH!!!!! 5 months of my mission.. GONE, in a puff of smoke... So don't expect any photos soon... Or ever. I feel like giving up on taking pictures.. My anger is coming back as a write this.

Besides my journal, my pictures were the pride and joy of my mission so far! I have gone through them countless times, choosing which ones deserved to stay, and smiling and laughing at the memories... which are now gone...

[I am having Jeffery send my his card, so that I can recover as many pictures as possible. For anyone who doesn't know, formatting and deleting don't actually remove the pictures from the card, they just remove them from the directory.]

No comments:

Post a Comment